Open source software funding of and adoption by US K-12 education lags behind virtually every conceivable peer:
- US schools lag behind other countries.
- Large open source vendors do not target K-12 education.
- Is it fair to say adoption lags behind universities, business and other government entities? Hard to say. Probably mixed.
- Educational vendors lag behind industry trends in implementing open source strategies, particularly for infrastructure.
- Philanthropic funding for K-12 open source lags behind funding for open source in post-secondary education.
- Academic research in US K-12 ed-tech lags behind other types of academic research in use of open source licensing.
- Philanthropic funding of open source software in the US lags behind philanthropic funding of other types of "open" projects.
Feel free to contribute.