If you went to your local school board, or whatever, and said "I've got a great idea for a new high school (or perhaps a turnaround). I can produce for you a high school which will:
- a) take in 150 9th graders a year,
- b) four years later send 100 of them to college,
- c) the other high schools in the district can take care of the other 50 who don't make it through our program,
- and d) it only costs 1/3rd more than a regular high school!"
Would they say
- a) "Brilliant! Just what we need!"
- b) "LOL WTF! Get out."
I don't know, but apparently this is considered a successful charter school.